Packout and content storage services from ServiceMaster Of Whatcom County can help ease the stress during a restoration project. If you were to become a victim of an unfortunate disaster, the professionally trained technicians from ServiceMaster Of Whatcom County will carefully manage your valuables with attentive care and store your belongings in a secured and safe storage facility to prevent further damages from occurring.
In the event of a water or fire disaster, in order to prevent further damages, it may be necessary to have your furnishings and personal belongings relocated from your home or business in order for the restoration process, construction repairs, or the drying process to be allowed to begin. Throughout the disaster restoration industry, the service of moving content from an affected site into storage is known as a ‘Packout’. Packout services allow a disaster restoration service provider to relocate the content within the affected vicinity to a safe location in order to prevent further damages and to clear the area to allow the professionals to service the entire area without any obstacles. At ServiceMaster Of Whatcom County, our trained specialists will provide an assessment of the residential or commercial property, searching for any troubled areas that may need attention prior to the initiation of the packout service. Afterwards, the packout service will begin and our technicians will carefully handle and transport your belongings to the storage facility with extreme attentiveness.
The Packout Service Process
Below is a list, which includes general steps our technicians uphold during a water or fire damage packout service. Every situation is uniquely different and our technicians will adapt our packout services to provide our customers with an efficient and quality service they can trust.
- Commercial and residential packout services will be documented via video and photographs. Having documentation of the content we’ve placed in storage will ensure that all items we’ve handled will return back to their owners after the restoration process is completed.
- Items we suggest to omit from packout services: Money, checks or checkbooks, personal documents, credit cards, medications, jewelry, and valuable collections of collectibles.
- We address items that demand special attention such as: valuable heirlooms, photographs, artwork, work materials, rugs, and any other items that you request special attention for.
- Packing materials, boxes, and other supplies will be used to package belongings and content, as well as protect furnishings during transport and storage.
- Once all the possessions you wish to be included in the packout services are boxed, inventoried and ready for transport, we will issue a hardcopy of the inventory list containing all the items that are ready to be sent into storage. Our team will then haul your items to our storage facility for safekeeping until restoration services are finished.
- At ServiceMaster Of Whatcom County we use an exclusive computer tracking system for your items that are being sent into storage. This system enables us to track your belongings and their location starting from the initial packout service, to the storage facility, and back to your home or office.
- We will then apply restoration services to damaged belongings and furnishings. Content restoration includes odor neutralization, repairs, and cleaning services. After we restore the content, items will be repacked for storage until further notice.
- In the events where certain items may be non-restorable, they will be documented, inventoried, and stored if desired.
- All items in the packout service will then be placed back into storage, waiting for restoration and reconstructions services to be finished in order to return your items back your property.
Packout Storage Facility
- Qualified and Professional Trained Technicians
- Use of Specialized Cleaning Chemicals, Restoration Equipment, and Tools
- Climate Controlled Storage Facility
- Ozone Chamber for Odor Removal and Neutralization
- Lab Dedicated to Clean and Restore Damaged Content